Thursday, November 15, 2007

My best friend...

Is in the hospital.

(From left to right: Me, our friend Carolyn, and Margaret)

I am overwhelmed. Her name is Margaret and she is an amazing woman and mother of six. She is my inspiration and "bosom friend". She was healthy and fine one minute and not the next. She has a brain aneurism that burst at the base of her neck in a major artery leading into her brain. She is undergoing brain surgery tomorrow morning to have it clamped off.

The doctors say she shouldn't have even made it to the hosital alive, much less be doing as well as she is doing. Tom and our good friend Dan were able to go up and give her a blessing almost immediately after it happened. Through them, God performed a miracle. That is the only logical explanation.

I am overwhelmed. I just want to cry. I want to curl up in bed next to her in the hospital and stroke her hair, tell her I love her, and that everything will be alright. I know I cna't so I am trying to keep busy at home. The more I do, the less I think. I am tired though.

She woke up tonight and seemed pretty aware. She asked where I was. That just killed me. I am at home holding down the fort. I should have been there with her. Doug (her hubby) told her that I wanted to be there and that I was at home taking care of her kiddos. I know that comforts her, but it doesn't help me!

I am spending tomorrow at the hospital. She is scheduled for her surgery first thing. I want to be there when she comes out of recovery.

The worst about all this... I can't even cry on the shoulder of my best friend. Normally I would call and she would be there to listen and love me. Sigh.

Tom has been amazing. He is great at things like this. He has been helping and supporting me and spent all of today at the hospital with Doug. Dunkan has been a great help too.

We'll get through this. One awful day at a time.


3 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

We will get through this. SHE will get through this! This is something that will make us all stronger. We love Margaret continually pray for her.

I am desperately sorry for how this has affected you. I am in pain for her and yet, I don't know her nearly as well as you. You are one true friend and she is grateful to have you for love and support. Let her know that we think about her every minute of the day and keep a prayer in our hearts constantly. The Lord knows our desires and concerns for her and I KNOW He has not overlooked them. I pray that He will keep His arms tight around us, but more especially around her and her family.

Maudy said...

Elizabeth: We hope all is going very well for Margaret, and that she can be home for the holidays. How very blessed she was to have the priesthood close at hand, and to gain another chance at life. My friend who suffered the same was not so lucky. The Lord called her home, as her work here on earth was completed.

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I love you. that is really all I ever want to say at times like these.

jessie christensen