Thursday, January 17, 2008

Only in my house!

Lately I have had a lot of births and Zachary has been very interested in all of the details. I pulled out his birth book and was showing it to him. He has seen the thing 100 times and never thought anything of it til the other day. The book is a series of black and white modest pictures that depict my labor and his birth. One picture shows me pushing and the next one I am hold ing him in my arms all naked and wet.

So Dunkan is telling him what is happening in the pictures and he says how "You broke out, Zach!" So Zach stops and says... "How did I do that! How did I break out mom!" I simply told him that he came out of my vagina. Now he knows what a vagina is because we use correct body terms. He looks at me completely exsasparated and says, "Oh great, mom. I don't want to be in your bagina!"

I couldn't help it! Dunkan and I were totally dying with laughter. I told Zach that he had nothing to worry about... he wasn't going to have to be there ever again. He walked away like he wasn't completely sure of that.

Oh the joys of being a doula.

No comments: