Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tornado Sirens! Yeek!

Yep... for the first time in the over 3 years that we have lived here, our tornado siren went off tonight. It was about 9:30pm. Zach and Dunkan were already asleep and Izzy was with us. We ran back to my closet which is the only closet in the house that isn't on an outside wall. Tom grabbed our radio and some pillows. Amy wouldn't fit in the closet so she sat right outside the door. It was a tight squeeze, but the kids did great. We told Zach is was a closet party and he wanted to go call his friends and have them come for the party too!


It went off within a few minutes. The storm is still coming our way. Winds up to 60mph, Baseball sized hail and tornados, oh my! I think we are in Kansas, Toto!


We have said a prayer and hope this passes through with no damage to our home, car or to us!


Here is a picture of my closet for kicks!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Bethany and Huey said...

I can't believe you all fit in there! Thats awesome. Oh, and you totally should have called. I LOVE closet parties! ;-)