Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ben has made his arrival!!!!!!!

I want to start off by saying this is Thomas. I have never posted on Elizabeth's blog so some of you may not know me. Lets just say I am the husband of the embodiment of love, beauty and strength. I am going to be brief but I want to put my spin on the birth of our 4th child Benjamin Warren Boyce on Sept 2nd, 2008 at 6:55pm. He was born at home surronded by people who loved him even before they meet him. I am going to borrow a phrase from a very special person- " Born at home, never touched by a stranger".

The same special person, who goes by the name of Kristine, wrote an amazing letter to Elizabeth and I am going to share part of it, the letter touched me more deeply then she will ever know.

"I kept flashing back to Jennifer Block stating something along the lines of birth being backbreaking, humble work and this is not medicine, this is BIRTH. I thought this over and over as Elizabeth was leaning into Pam who was supported by Tom with Vonette on one side and me on the other breaking her back from the pressure she needed and sweet little Dinah on the floor, on her back with her hand pushing back the cervix…perilously close to being drowned by amniotic fluid at any moment. What doctor would have done this for Elizabeth? What hospital would have allowed this primal scene to take place as it unfolded with the perfectness that this birth needed it to be?"

I am including some pics for the world to see, Elizabeth will come on and add more when she is feeling up to it. One last thing- to everyone who has been a part of this from helping with the other kids, to those who have brought meals, and just called to say congrats, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful!!!! We are so glad you posted pics! Let us know if you need ANYTHING! We are so glad he is here and Elizabeth is doing well!!!
Love,
The Hardy's

Anonymous said...

So precious!! Many congratulations to you and your family! He was well worth waiting for!!! =) Amber

Jon and Maryanne said...

Oh my goodness!!!! He is so amazing!!!! Congrats on your home birth! I am so happy that everything went well!

rosebud said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!!

~Lydia~ said...

He is beautiful!!!