Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Eagle Scout!


We are so proud of him! He did it! He finished everything a few months back but we wanted to wait until we could have family (we love you Aunt Karla) come down for his court of honor. The picture above is him right before we left for the court of honor. His green sash is all the merit badges he has earned (minus three I haven't sewn on yet). The white sash symbolizes that he is a member of the order of the arrow, the BSA honor society. I know he isn't supposed to wear them together, but I made him wear them for the picture.
The coolest thing was that he got to choose a mentor. Someone who helped him through everything. Tom did a ton of work, mostly the hands on down and dirty stuff. But he decided that I deserved the mentor pin. I was so honored! He said that without me, there wouldn't be very much on his merit badge sash! That part is true. I am a merit badge nazi. ;)
So just wanted to share our good news!

No comments: