Friday, August 1, 2008

No baby yet and MAN is it hot.

I think the title says it all! I am now 38 wks and feeling very large and uncomfortable. Sleeping fine, but having a ton of contractions that make me very cranky. I am so cranky, even I don't want to be around me! I think everyone will be glad with Benjamin makes his appearance.
I think we are almost ready! I have all my supplies, the pool, etc ready for the birth. We have our doula and birth photographers on stand by and my homeopath is also planning on coming. It will make for a full house, I am sure! We have pretty much worked out the details and are excited for it to arrive! I still want to have maternity photos taken and need to make my frozen meals, but otherwise, most of my stuff is taken care of! I have some work left to do still and am trying to take care of those loose ends, but I am making great progress!
It has been terribly hot. We have had triple digits for most of the month and it is getting old. I would love for it to cool down, but alas, we do live in Texas.
Baby B seems fine. He is head down and ofcourse posterior (facing the wrong way) which is how Zach and Isabel were born. It will probably make for a longer, harder labor, but at least I know I can birth them that way! I am not too swollen, in fact it has gone down alot in the last week. My blood pressure is a little high 124/90 but not terrible considering I am pretty stressed out and not really resting. Slap on my hand, I know.
So since the last time I took a belly shot, I was 11 wks along, I figured it was probably time! This is me at 38 wks exactly. I took it in a mirror, so sorry for the quality! Amazing what a little photoshop can do! I honestly don't think I look that big, but Tom and Dunk both swear this is my biggest belly ever. I am measuring pretty small (only 33.5 cm instead of 38cm) but I am carrying him completely out front, which probably makes it worse.
So enjoy! I will post maternity photos as soon as I get them!

6 comments:

Maren said...

I cannot imagine being that pregnant in this heat.
You win a prize.
It's exciting that you are getting so close.

~Lydia~ said...

wow I love the belly shot how did you take that in the mirror it looks lovely!

Wakan Family Blog said...

Lupis,
Hey you look awesome. Hope the delivery goes smoothly, you hippie. Anngela is also a hippie, into all that away from the hospital stuff too. Must be a Whitworth College thing.

CNH said...

BEAUTIFUL belly Mama. :) I am so excited to meet mr. ben...if he's anything as sweet as mine you're in for a treat!

Anonymous said...

I hope all is going great! Love that belly shot!

Bethany and Huey said...

Love the belly shot! hey, if there's anything I can do to help out, let me know...