Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yesterday stunk.

I had a crappy, emotional, bad day yesterday. Why, you ask? So many reasons!

First off, I obviously never posted about my car accident. 18 days ago, I was driving in Dallas with the two little ones. I was lost and trying to figure out where I was going. I was behind this huge semi truck and couldn't see anything, so after crossing thru an intersection, I went to change lanes. Well, there was a small car in my blind spot and I ended up hitting her. Thankfully we were only going about 20 miles per hour and it didn't seem to do much damage. It was my fault though.

So our ins. has been awesome! They have just been great about everything. Our rate will go up a little (about $15) but they have been quick and effecient. For the most part we were happy with Service King in the repair... until yesterday! We finally got the call saying our car was done (about $5000 in damage-yuck) and we went over to pick it up. Now my advice is to never leave fast food in a car for 17 days in triple digit heat. Had I known I would get into an accident, I would have cleaned it out first!

Anyway, we get the car and start driving home. It quickly becomes apparent that it is NOT fixed. The alignment is HORRIFIC. If you let go of the steering wheel for even a second the car swerves dangerously to the left. I was so not happy. Tom took it back in this morning and we now have a rental again. NOT HAPPY.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Tom and I were supposed to have a night away yesterday night. We had a girlfriend coming to sleep at the house with the kiddos and we were going to a hotel and going to sleep ALL. NIGHT. Then yesterday morning Zach woke up throwing up. Yep. I felt bad for the poor kiddo, cause he didn't feel well, but I was seriously annoyed that we weren't going to get to go. At least I never paid for the hotel room. Now I have to wait another week to have this baby so we have a chance to go next weekend. Sigh.

Tom paid a bill he wasn't supposed to. He was trying to be helpful, bless him, but he didn't consult the budget sheet like he was supposed to first. His doctor told him he would probably need surgery on his back again. His new prescription was $300 (GAG! We're not filling it.) I had to pay for extra gas for the stinkin car rental. Tom didn't end up getting any work yesterday which means will be short for paying bills. My best friend is in Mexico and I couldn't even call her to cry about it all.

The list goes on. I was so emotional and cried the whole afternoon. I hate days like that. I know none of it is really life shattering. It just felt like a lot of disappointment in one day for one very hot and pregnant mama.

So pray that this baby waits so I get another shot at a night out with my hubby. I need it.

1 comment:

Jon and Maryanne said...

Yuck! I'm sorry you had such a rough day! I hate days like that, especially when very pregnant and emotional already! I would have been an emotional wreck too!!!! I hope you get your night out, but I know you would love to have your baby too! I need to check and see if I still have your phone number.