Saturday, October 20, 2007

I am finally certified!

Well, I have had my doula practice for a few years and had completed all the requirements for my certification back in the beginning of 2006. However, I still had a lot of paperwork to fill out to make it happen. I put it off and put it off. I realized that my deadline was September 26th, so I quickly finished it up and shipped it off.

Well, they called me on Thursday to let me know that everything look great and I was officially certified! I was very excited.

I will admit, that it wasn't a huge deal to me to be certified. I didn't feel like any of my clients cared or that it would make a difference in the service I provided. However, with Tom teaching New Dad classes, there are times when they need someone certified to be present. I figured it was easiest for me to do it. Not only that, but I would be able to recieve referrals from the DONA organization.

So since Thursday, I have already gotten two calls! I figure that may end up being worth my time and moolah!

Lastly, a name change...

Elizabeth Boyce, CD(DONA)

YEAH! Had to share the exciting news!

2 comments:

Maren said...

An official congratulations to you!

Maudy said...

Good for you! Hooray and Hooray; we are proud of you. Congratulations Earthy Mama!