Thursday, October 25, 2007

You are wearing pants?

So, it never occured to me how often I wear a skirt. I love them! They are cool in the summer, you wipe a child's face in the folds, you can drive with it hiked up, you can use it to sit on in the grass, and if you are supposed to be dressed up and forget, viola!

I do recognize that I own way more skirts than pants. Most of them are the freestyle hippie skirts. My mom jokes that if she hangs out with me too long she feels like she should be at woodstock. I take that as a compliment!

So Kristine, my back up doula and my doula for Isabel's birth, came over they other day. I had just gotten these great hiking pants. The kind that are khaki and loose and comfy. She comes in and stops and looks at me. Then she says, "Oh my gosh, I don't think I have ever seen you in pants!" I laugh and point out that they really aren't pants as they are so loose.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the weather got cool. I decided to break out a pair of jeans. I NEVER wear jeans. Way too restricting! LOL! I wore them to the park where we met up with some friends. My girlfriend said, "Wow, you are wearing pants! I don't think I have ever seen you wear pants!"

So now I seriously think I never wear pants! I decided that I love skirts, but I better start wearing pants again, at least once in awhile.

Now I am off to take of the jeans I am wearing and replace it with a skirt. I did my pants duty today!

2 comments:

Maudy said...

I love dresses in the summertime especially because they are cool. I was once standing in line in the grocery store and a gentleman kept staring at me, and finally couldn't refrain from telling me how nice it was to see a woman in a dress. I smiled and thanked him; it made my day.

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Haha! I hate dresses! I don't mind skirts if they're not too constricting either. But I do have one skirt that I love that is totally loose and you can run around and do the splits in. But it makes me look fat. So I'm stuck with wearing jeans. You did look really good in the pants you were wearing yesterday for the primary program practice. I thought you looked cute (I forgot to tell you though---sorry). So if I can lose 40 pounds, maybe I'll take up skirts. That way it's okay if they make me look ten pounds heavier.